Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Shop of the Week: The Wedding Parlour


This week’s featured Etsy shop is The Wedding Parlour. Shirley’s vintage fascinators and headpieces are very glamorous, for that bride who wants touches of elegance and sophistication on her wedding day. The shop is based in the UK. Read about her love for creativity and where her inspiration comes from:

by theweddingparlour

How did you first discover Etsy? I discovered Etsy through my daughter Susan, she is a textile print designer and had a shop of her own for a while. She encouraged me to open a shop of my own.

Do you use special machinery? by hand? Explain your design process for 1 particular item.
I learned to sew at a very young age from my mother and over the years I have gone in many directions with my creative wanderlust! I absolutely adore what I am doing now, I love working with the fine silks and lace, vintage when I can. I have no special tools just my trusty sewing machine although each of the headpieces and bouquets are made almost entirely by hand. I hand cut and stitch all my flowers and then usually bead with pearls and crystals. I take my inspiration from vintage styles and I love the old Hollywood glamour feel!


What does your workstation look like? Do you work at home or have a separate space?
I do work from home in what I like to call a clean mess!! I have so much fabric and bits and bobs and not enough room but I know where everything is and so I work happily away!

No comments:

Post a Comment